LBi's agile software development methodology is constantly focused on the user, while incorporating components from various standard methodologies.
Because we are small and focused - and because we have a dedicated team on each project from kickoff to post-implementation - we have the flexibility to tailor our methodology to each project.
The four-step LBi methodology:
- Combines elements from Extreme Programming (XP), Agile Unified Process (AUP) and Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Leverages the customer and stakeholder focus of XP, the artifacts of AUP and the attention to detail of RUP.
- Emphasizes an in-depth understanding of the client's business and its users throughout the project, from inception to transition.
Step 1 - Inception
We identify the application's scope and learn your business environment.
We learn your motivation for developing the application, its anticipated need to be expanded, any compliance issues involved and any Service Level Agreements that apply.
Step 2 - Elaboration
At this stage, we also separate the project into small, functional units. Depending on the application or project, these may be modules, sub-modules, reports, screens or any combination of these "bite-size" pieces of the application. Each unit must perform a function that can be delivered to the user.
Step 3 - Construction
We perform the following seven steps for each functional unit identified during Elaboration, with each one having its own mini-life cycle. Continual feedback from the user is encouraged.
These are iterative steps, repeated over the life cycle of the project:
- Requirements Gathering - user meetings, use cases
- Preliminary Design - workflow, sequence diagrams
- Specification and Design - class diagrams and modeling
- Development and Testing
- Delivery to Staging Area
- Quality Assurance (QA)
Step 4 - Transition
Final QA, including regression testing, followed by delivery to the application's production environment.
Read more specifically about our development methodology here.
At the core of LBi's approach to every project (whether it is support, documentation, training or development) is our user-centric process and passion for personalized service. Read more about our customer-focused approach and its advantages here.